Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My Nissan pathfinder developed a problem lately, I cleaned

Customer Question

Hi my Nissan pathfinder developed a problem lately, I cleaned the mass airflow sensor, replaced the fuel filter and pump and I also recently changed the ignition coil. Now everytime I put the AC on the vehicle will shut down and Continue to do so til I switch the AC off. Any suggestions?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Does it shut down if you put the AC on driving lets say 40 mph? or only when you come to a stop?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Does both actually stops when am driving at that speed and today it did it twice while I was dead stop in traffic
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

So if you are driving lets say 40 mph, then put the AC on, does the feel like the car just dies out ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
First it gives you a little jerk and then a few minutes later the vehicle jus dies
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

That sounds almost like the AC compressor is seizing up and causing your issue. That cleaning the MAF sensor and replacing the fuel and coil, is just a coincidence.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK so I gotta buy a new pump or can it be cleaned and put back together
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

You got it!

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!