Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Replaced my knock sensor on my 2002 Nissan Frontier - now

its running poorly, wont Idle...
Replaced my knock sensor on my 2002 Nissan Frontier - now its running poorly, wont Idle or stay running - curious about if I missed something on the vacuum side.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: No codes - the only code I had was for the Knock sensor and I replaced that - painfully so. I ran it afterwards and it wont idle or stay running. Checked codes - no codes
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I removed my 2 stage Intake replaced the knock sensor and reinstalled.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's good enough
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/5/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

There is one thing that is fairly common when knock sensors are done. The two connectors for the rear 02 sensors since they are right next to each other, the connectors get plugged in backwards and can cause this.

Lets try swapping them and see if that resolves your issue. Let me get you a image..

I think it might have something to do with my vacuum hoses - cant find a good photo of where they all go!

There is only a couple you are dealing with in the back of the plenum. Try the 02 sensor thing first. That is fairly common. I circled them in the image.

Are you still there?

I saw you requested premium service. I got a message saying payment failure. So we can continue like this, or just update your payment method.

Yes, I am here.. Are you going to try swapping the 02 sensor connectors like I mentioned?

Thanks! I started getting text from my bank - that should be taken care of now!

If you wish to speak with me, just request it again

I am at work and of course my vehicle is at home!

Oh.. So how about this. Let me hold this question open, so you can try this when you get home after work? Sound good?

I updated information - but it wont let me have a live phone call. Irritating.
that could be it - I will check first think when I get home!

Sure.. Check that when you get home.. Then log back into JustAnswer.com and let me know how you make out. If you still need help with this issue, I will continue with you then!

Sound good?

That sounds great! I appreciate that. I there anyway you may have a photo of how my vacuum lines should go?

If you take pictures and show me, I can confirm if they are correct or not. The manual is horrible about showing how they go..

Figured it out - bad vacuum line to fuel pressure regulator and air leak on intake. Thanks for your help.

Glad you got it figured out !

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician