Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Steering wheel is locked and key will not turn. Played with…

Customer Question
steering wheel is locked...

steering wheel is locked and key will not turn. Played with the steering wheel for some time still no luck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Positive battery cable very corroded. cleaned it horn works bur without being able to turn key cant check anything else. Year is 2004.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just want to get it to a shop if it is not a quick fix. Would replacing the Positive battery terminal have any effect.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is it.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
5/22/2017
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. does the key pull out?

just checking in to see how its going