Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD, makiing a fast clicking sound and

the oil light is flashing...
2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD, makiing a fast clicking sound and the oil light is flashing. Yesterday, I just had the oil changed
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: The noise just started last Friday. When I engage the gas at 1500 to 2000 rpms is when the noise starts coming from the front of the vehicle.
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I'm not skilled to begin any DIY mechanical jobs. I have an extended warranty, I just would like to know prior to taking it in. An oil change, front brakes and an alignment - front and back.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My tire preasure light stays on. Although all tires were balanced and pressured up to standard.
5/16/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try not to run it if possible.This sounds like low on engine oil.This will cause the engine clatter clicking noise you hear as well as the oil light flashing and this can damage the engine quickly.

I would have the engine oil level checked and if found to be low then the engine needs checked over to locate any leaks needing repaired then the oil topped off.

If no leaks are found then the facility that did the oil change did not fill the oil properly causing this fault here and should be responsible for the repairs.If there are oil leaks and the leaks were caused by the oil change facility then they should be liable for the repairs here as well.

As for the tire pressure light if they were not aired up properly to the correct pressure then the light will stay on or if you have a failing tire pressure sensor the light will stay on as well until the sensor is replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician