Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Intelligent key warning light is on my murano won't start

intelligent key warning light is on my murano won't start

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is the steering wheel locked?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No problem with the steering wheel
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Overnight, I forgot the hazards light on. Result: the battery died. I put new car Battery, but when I try to start, the intelligent key warning light is on and MURANO won't start. I towed it today to the Dealer's garage, but they said they need 2-3 hours time for diagnostics. May you help me what I have to do now ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What now?

Do you have remote start on the car?

When you press the start button what is the car doing exactly?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, I don't have remote start. I have just push button start.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tried already to start by pushing directly the buttons with the intelligent key , but then coming insert the key light.

Does the remote lock and unlock the doors?

Do you have a Yellow key light on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When I press the start button, It does nothing.
After 1-2 minutes the intelligent key warning light goes off.
That's why I tried to start by pushing directly the buttons with the intelligent key , but then coming insert the key light.

Does the Brake lights work when you step on the brake pedal? Does the steering wheel feel locked?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The Brake lights on the dashboard? No.
Yes, the steering wheel feel locked.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the remote lock and unlock the doors.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
After 1-2 minutes the intelligent key warning light (= Yellow key light) goes off.

Oh. Ok.. It's what I originally thought. You most likely have a Steering lock control unit failure issue.

Try watching this video and see if these steps help you to get the car started..

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But why the dealer's Garage (Alta Nissan) doesn't find it till now

What do you mean?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I watch the video now. And I go over there tomorrow, I try to do it . Do you have an other idea?

No, that sounds like it is your issue. At the same time, Nissan release a warranty extension on this.

The dealer should not charge you to repair this if this is the issue. It sounds like it based on the information you provided.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But my car is 2009 no more warranty

Read the site.. This will cover it.

Actually, the Murano is not on the list... So lets give the tapping the Steering lock control unit a try like my video

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But mine is MURANO not ALTIMA

Right.. I just saw that in the listing. The Murano is not on the list, so it doesn't apply to that extension. But you can call that number and inquire about it

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My question: My car is now in the Garage (Alta Nissan). They said, till now, they worked 1 hour (I have to pay) for the diagnostic, and need 1 or 2 hours more. Is it normal ? That's why I said to stop until my answer for tomorrow.

Yes, they normally will start with 1 hour diagnostics. If they can't find the issue with in the that hour, they may request more time from you. But I would try my trick and see if that gets you going so you can tell them that a online diag isolated your issue

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Now, what about the rate ? I 'm new member $41/monthly

you still Rate me by clicking the stars on top if you are satisfied with my help

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
May I ask you again tomorrow after trying the tricks ?

Sure, if you have any follow up questions on this, you only need to return back to this question

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks, Guy.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!