Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

It will start when cold but not when warmed up it is getting

Customer Question
spark and fueling you have...
It will start when cold but not when warmed up it is getting spark and fueling you have any idea how to fix it would be greatly appreciated
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 1989/1990 pickup
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced control module and that didn't seam to help
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also tried to replace maf but it wouldn't start cold the so I put the old one back
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/15/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 6 months ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech
Hi welcome to just answers my name is***** the engine is cold is considers to be in open loop and when is worm is considered to be in close loop the computer monitors both for fuel enrichment on cold start. When is cold the engine runs on a program created by the factory and when it gets hot it runs using information from various sensors on the engine like tps sensor, 02 sensor, temperature sensor, mad sensor, cam and crank sensor etc. and the most important there when hot is the temperature sensor if this sensor is not giving the correct reading the engine will not start but so will happen with some of the other sensors on the engine. The best way to know is with a scanner start by checking for any codes. Are there any codes stored on the computer?
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician