Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2001 maxima that has idling issues. The car starts

Customer Question

I have a 2001 maxima that has idling issues. The car starts and immediately starts idling rough. It will drive for a short period then just cut off.
JA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?
Customer: Consistent, but just recently started happening.
JA: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not sure at this point. My mechanic said he thinks it may be the timing chain, but no codes are popping up. Even the diagnostics for that are expensive, I understand. Just not sure about making a major repair to a 16 year old car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 4 months ago.
Hi welcome to just answers is this happening with engine cold or hot? Does it gets better when engine has reached temperatures?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It happens all the time and randomly cuts off. It does not improve the longer it drives it will just stop.
Do you experience lost of power?.. are you sure there are no codes because the engine light does not have to turn on to store a code. Does it back fires?
I can assure you that's not a timing chain or belt issue because is intermittent, have you done a fuel pressure test sounds like you have fuel delivery problems