Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

85 nissan 300ZX turbo. has a slight miss at idle and cuts

Customer Question

85 nissan 300ZX turbo. has a slight miss at idle and cuts out between 4 adn 5000 RPS. Did a tune up and compression test. All 6 plugs burning a tan color. Have checked for vacuum leaks, running out of options. Checked computer no codes.
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: Just bought the car. only 67,000 miles stored indoors southern cal. No corrosion or rust on any connections. Replaced several vacuum hoses that were dried out or cracked.
JA: Are you fixing your 300ZX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tune up, compression test, replaced some of the vacuum lines.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Most common this that can cause the car to miss & cut out is the distributor. If you changed the spark plugs and did not use the recommended NGK spark plugs, that can also cause misfire issue. These cars hate Bosch plugs and these cars were not designed to use Platinum plugs.

Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!