Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Nissan frontier that starts and idles fine untill air intake

Customer Question

nissan frontier that starts and idles fine untill air intake temps reach about110 degrees then it seems to choke out. the fuel pump seems to be working fine
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: origional
JA: What year is your Frontier?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have a mechanic friend who put it on the computer and iot is showing no codes, . he thought fuel pump but the pressure stays up and even rises a little when engine begins to labor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: anothe mechanic friend suggested a modual in the distibutor
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The most common thing that can cause your issue is actually the MAF sensor. 90% of the time the MAF ( Mass Air Flow ) sensor heated element which meters the air so the computer can add the proper fuel mixture has fallen out of spec. Not enough to cause a Service Engine Soon light but enough to cause the Air and fuel Mixture to be so off it can cause No Start, Stalling, poor acceleration, won't rev over a certain Rpm, and running issues. I would have the Air and Fuel mixture readings checked to verify. Checking the voltage will not show the fault, the air and fuel mixture will. If found to be bad, do not replace with a After Market one. After market MAF sensors never seem to work properly. There heated element doesn't work right which can cause 02 sensors to flat line and have you chasing you tail trying to figure out what is wrong. So the only way to correct this issue if you do have a bad MAF sensor is to replace it with a OEM.

Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what does oem stand for
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Original Equipment Manufactured

Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Meaning, parts from the dealer