Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Steering wheel stuck in lock. It's a push start, The lock…

Customer Question
Steering wheel stuck in...

Steering wheel stuck in lock. It's a push start

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the steering wheel actually locked? Does it feel slightly springy when you try to turn it in one direction, but has no give when you go the opposite way?

The lock light is off now. The shows it stuck in on now but the wheel is still locked

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not doing anything. I'm stuck on a parking lot right now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My keys won't open and unlock the doors now

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/3/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What Model Nissan is this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2014

I saw the year.. What model? Altima? Maxima?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2014 Nissan maxima
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's stuck in on now the steering wheel is locked and the lights are stuck on

Thank you.. The 2014 Maxima does not have a Steering lock system.

What is the car doing exactly? If you turn the head lights on do they come on?

What lights are stuck on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No they don't come on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The interior lights

The interior lights will come on when you open the door. Do they stay on for longer than 30 seconds after all doors are closed? How many miles are on the car?

If you press the start button two times without stepping on the brake pedal, does the ignition come on?