Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 08 nissan altima hybrid is looking power and my hybrid…

Customer Question
My 08 nissan altima...

My 08 nissan altima hybrid is looking power and my hybrid system light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

It is a red car with an exclamation point down the middle.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet trying to figure out what it is and if I can somehow by pass the hybrid system all together

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's all thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/10/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you have a Hybrid warning light, that would need to be scanned to determine what the fault is in the Hybrid system. I know you want to see if you can by pass it, but it can not be by passed. So you would need to have the vehicle scanned to see what the fault is for direction of repair.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can a basic code reader reed the code or does it need to be done by nissan

It will only be able to be scanned by a advanced level scanner. A basic code reader can not read Hybrid codes.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!