Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Map/boost sensor hose came off and I cant figure out where…

Customer Question
Map/boost sensor hose came...

Map/boost sensor hose came off and I cant figure out where it hooks back into.

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Boost sensor is what is molded on it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2000 maxima 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just discovered the hose is disconnected and cant seem to find where it goes. The vacuum on the sensor attached to the front radiator cross member.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just need to know where the hose connects to.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have a picture of what you have so I can point out where it goes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will go take one

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=0a316d6c43&view=att&th=15b17d1c83658d58&attid=0.3&disp=safe&zw

link is not working

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it wont link. the sensor mounted near the radiator has electrical on the top and vacuum on the bottom (hitachi boost sensor). follow the vacuum towards the engine and comes to a 't'. one leg of the 't' is about 1.5 inches long and is detached.

Do you have a smart phone? Are you using the phone to communicate?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on a lap top, pics are on a iphone

If you log into JustAnswer on your phone and come back to this question, you can add the pictures from you phone that way

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will give that a try

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they are on the site on my phone with a green check mark but wont send..

where you type your response on your phone, there is a spot to add a phone to this conversation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just says switch to a live call. I have never done this site before..

You are talking about this sensor right?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that link is headlamp, I need the vacuum from the "boost sensor" mounted at the header just above and behind the radiator.

Can you take one picture further back so I can see the over all area..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Thank you.. Hang on

It looks like it goes here..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thats the air box, theres 3 hooked up there all diff sizes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If not hooked up, what does it do?

Yes.. There is one small hose that goes to it..

I am looking for the location of this hose..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Theres a small one there at the air box already

Hold on.. Doing some editing...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, then the same size hose goes elsewhere then thats in the air box now.

Did you follow that line I colored in for you? .. Where is this line now that you had in the air box?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I agree with that, can i continue this with you tomorrow afternoon in daylight?

I work during the day. I get online around 7 pm EST if you want to continue tomorrow.. Does that work for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
appreciate this so far

Your welcome.. Talk to you tomorrow..