Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

None of the buttons on the steering wheel are working. It's…

Customer Question
None of the buttons...

None of the buttons on the steering wheel are working. It's been that way for a while, but I thought I'd check to see if there was a fuse that might be causing it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

There's one under the hood and one under the driver's side dash, right? Just going from memory since the car's outside

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2008 Pathfinder v8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet, was just researching

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Does the horn work? Do you have a Air Bag light on also?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The horn does not work and yes, there is an air bag light.

Thank you.. Then all of these items are related. The issue is what they call the Clock Spring. That is what brings all the electrical connections to the steering wheel. So if the Air Bag light is on, horn does not work, and none of the steering wheel controls work. That is your issue.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!