Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a nissan 2007 altima hybrid. It died while I was

driving. Towed to dealer who...
I have a nissan 2007 altima hybrid. It died while I was driving. Towed to dealer who said ECM and new small battery, $1800. Seem high when I can buy ECM for $600 and dealer said 1.5 hours to install and program. Any options
1/18/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Beside the Ecm, what battery is the dealer saying you need also?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they wanted to replace the12v battery in the rr of the car for $300
and $1400 for the ecm. I can buy the battery for $111, a new from dealer
ecm for $600, or rebuit ecm for $295 and they will transfer all security
info it from the old ecm.

In the Hybrids, they use a Gel Battery. Not a regular car battery. So you would need to use a Optima Battery. Those batteries are around 260 dollars. So the battery quote I am going to agree with. You can't use liquid filled batteries on these Hybrids.

The Ecm, I am going to disagree with. The Ecm is around 800 and should only take 2 hours labor to install and program. So that should be more around 1k dollar. So all together should be around 1300 to 1400.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician