Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My 2007 Nissan Versa security indicator light is on and

Customer Question
won't start JA: Do you have...
My 2007 Nissan Versa security indicator light is on and won't start
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I have a reader
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Nissan Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Y
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had the bcm and immobilizer replaced (Replaced with a married system) And had the two keys programmed It was working for a bit but locked up against Again* Now the red security indicator light will not turn off and the car cranks but doesn't start
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/11/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 10 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is the security light on solid when the ignition is turned to the ON position?

Hi Jay, thank you for your response
The light stays solid when the key is turned on

That is a sign that the key may not be programmed to the car or it lost it's programming. Do you have another key you can try?

I've tried another key too
Both the keys were just recently programmed and were working fine

Are either of the keys after market keys?

I'm not sure
They have the Nissan logo on them

who programmed them?

The reason I am asking is cause if it was not programmed by the dealer, it may not have been done right which is why it did not hold the programming.

If it was done by the dealer, you would have a 1 year warranty on the work.

When the security light is solid, that is a key programming issue. So either the keys were not programmed right, or the NAT's antenna is not working properly.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

They were originally programmed by the Nissan dealership but they had issues programming the keys

If you have one defective key, it can knock out the programming for them.

Do you also have remote start in the car?

either a defective key can cause the hard programming, or a bad NATs antenna. How long ago did the dealer program the keys for you?

I do not have remote start
What do you suggest, take it back to the dealer ?
how can I confirm it's a key issue
not the immobilizer or something else

As I said, if it's not a defective key, then I would check the NATs antenna. That is what reads the chip in the keys.

Is there a special technique to check the antenna

You would try to program 1 key at a time. To see if one particular keys gives you a problem to isolate if it's a key issue.

If both keys act the same, then I would suspect a NATs antenna could be causing the issue.

but yes, I would take it to the dealer to have it checked.

There is factory diagnostics to check the NATs antenna.

Thanks Jay!

Hello, Just checking in since I have not received a Rating. Do you have any more questions on this?

If not, please Rate me so I can get credit for my work.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician