Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder. I have two intelligent

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder. I have two intelligent keys. One key fob was showing low battery on dash. Changed battery. Now receiving no key detect or invalid key id
error code. Change batteries in both and still one works without difficulty and one keep giving the forementioned error messages
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The key fob battery that you replaced.. What is the exact battery number and do you still have the old fob battery?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
CR 2032
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
first thing I checked. Bought a multi battery pack. Works fine in one key fob. Not the other
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

So one fob no matter what does not work? How many miles do you have on the car?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
31,xxx
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

If you have tried swapping batteries in the remote and that one remote does not work what so ever, since you have less than 36k miles, the remote could be under warranty. So I would bring the car to the dealer with all remotes and have them replace it and program it for you under warranty.

When remotes are programmed to the car, all remotes have to be present. Other wise any remotes not present will no longer work. So that is why you want to bring all remotes in to the dealer.

Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!