Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Nissan Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Nissan Diagnostics
18617752

This AM when I started my truck, the CHECK ENGINE SOON light

Customer Question

This AM when I started my truck, the CHECK ENGINE SOON light came on. I had a local mechanic run the codes and two came up...P0325 (knock sensors) and P0125 (coolant sensor). He said that the P0325 would not cause the light to come on...so, it is the P0125 code that I need assistance on.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2001 Frontier 6 cycl.
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to see if I can do it...checked for the location of the Engine Coolant Temp sensor, but the diagram i found on this page does not look the same as my engine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for holding.

The ECT is located on the front, top of the engine near the distributor (for an image location view, click here:https://goo.gl/OWCU8R ). Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the inspection checks good, unplug the electrical connector and unscrew the ECT to remove. Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.

I'm noticing multiple clicks on the download monitor. Did you receive the image file correctly?