Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have 2008 nissan pathfinder that we just replaced the

I have 2008 nissan pathfinder that we just replaced the blank tcm
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we are the shop here
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: im just trying to program the blank tcm, i already obtain the program part number from dealer
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have the NERS software, (I use snap-on passthru pro, I have used it several times, reprogram the ecms) downloaded the tcm file (dealer gave me the program part number for blank tcm) exctracted files to reprogramming data file but when I try to perform the program, it wouldn't find the file and let me go any further
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is the message from the nissan-techinfo siteProgramming Blank ECU Service Parts-(requires Version 3.0.0 or higher)September 2013, Nissan and Infiniti began the phase in of “Blank” Service Parts ECUs and TCMs. Depending upon the model and model year, replacement modules come WITHOUT software. When a replacement module is installed in an applicable vehicle for any reason, it will need to be programmed.To identify the part number needed for reprogramming, you have two options:Retrieve the part number from the existing ECU, then purchase the programming packet for the part number.
Obtain the programmed part number when you purchase the replacement ECU. Nissan’s and Infiniti’s parts catalog provides both the blank ECU part number and the program file (after-programming part number) to be used. The last 5 characters of the program file part number and the after-programming part number will be the same.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
One thing I noticed the difference with previous ecm reprogramming & this tcm programming files is that I didn't get this UNPACK application file when I downloaded tcm file so I manually moved the files to the proper file folder.
I always had this UNPACK.EXE when I downloaded ecm reprogramming files and after you click on that it automatically moved the files to the reprogramming data files.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is the message that showing up
"Repro/Programming configuration file not found.
Click "End" to close the application"

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Programming or updating the Ecm is different than programming a blank TCM. What tool are you using to program the TCM with the latest software? How are you determining the software version?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Im using snapon passthru pro
and I got the programming part number from dealer after purchasing new valve body with tcm

Where are you downloading the software?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
NISSAN-TECHINFO.COM
USING NERS SOFTWARE

That is where you get the proper software to program the blank TCM. Have you ever programmed a blank Ecm with the software you use?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I never did blank ECM before, just reprogram

I know the Nissan Software actually extracts the file and will more or less make installing the software painless. I am not familiar with the software you are using to determine if it can do the programming for a Blank TCM.

Is there a support number for your software where you can contact them for help?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
03 January 2017 12:16
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It supposed to be able to do, I guess you didn't really read all the post I made previously before you get back with me

What software version do you have?

I have been working so I may have read it, then forgot.. sorry.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
NERS Software (version 03.07.01)

Did you try reaching out to the software support staff about this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can not get any of their support numbers

I have little experience using other software. I use the scanner from the dealer. I never have a issue

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Understood, because you work at the DEALER.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there any body whos actually familier with j2534 devices other than consult?

Yeah.. I quickly looked up and there is some phone numbers you can call to reach out to see if you can get some sort of support on your software to help you. They know your software better than I do.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you got the numbers from nissan-techinfo site??

You can try calling Nissan at 1-800-Nissan1 and ask who to speak to about supporting their software.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They don't really know good about the programming process, probably just about the equipment
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank you let me try that nissan number

Techmate is who we call for software issues with our scanner. Maybe try there.

Let me know how you make out...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
techmate?? how can I contact them?

Click Contact us at the bottom

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
nissantechmate just sent me the email back saying they only do physical concerns of the consult III system
They told me the same thing do contact the nissan-techinfo.com for programming issue
When I try to click on "contact us" from the nissan-techinfo site, nothing happens... not even giving me any email addy or customer service numbers for programming issue

You have a account with NissanTechinfo?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do, thats how I download the software and ecu data files...

I don't have a account. I never needed one. If you log in, there is no other way to contact them? Email ? Anything?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no... thats why I ended up contacting you to see if I can get some help
There is "help" section with stuff like FAQ, Dealer Info, contact us, etc... but even if I click on the contact us, nothing happens

Let me look again.. Hang on..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1c.jpg

Got it to spit out a Email address for you to contact. That is about it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** try and I will let you know

You got it...