Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2004 nissan pathfinder at shop. Bad crank position sensor.

Customer Question
Mechanic says he can't put...
2004 nissan pathfinder at shop. Bad crank position sensor. Mechanic says he can't put it in because something is missing that holds it in in the back. He says the bolt is not the only thing that holds it in place.
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: Starts then shuts off. Hard to start. Starts after pumping gas pedal
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is in the shop
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that covers it
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
1/2/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 10 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Do you have a code or something? This crank sensor only has a single bolt holding it in place?

there is no rubber gromet on the magnet end to hold it in?
The mechanic says the bold won't hold it in good, that something is missing on the other side. So he is incorrect. I thought so. I just wanted to make sure.

Yes, as long as there is an o ring on it, that's all there is. If the bolt isn't holding it properly, then it's got to be the wrong bolt.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please be kind and remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Do you need more help with this?
If not, please remember to rate. Thanks so much!

Thank you. Same truck... bad rear abs sensor. Do you have to replace hub or just sensor?

On this it's more then likely the sensor itself, not the hub, really no way to be 100% sure without the test equipment for active speed sensors. But it's more common to be the sensor itself. You could see if there is a lot of play in the hub, that could change the air gap and cause the light as well.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Also, please remember to rate my answer.
Thanks so much!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician