FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, MasterTechnician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

Car wont start,unlock doors, etc. Replaced battery in fob

Customer Question

Car wont start,unlock doors, etc. Replaced battery in fob too...nissan maxima 2011
JA: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?
Customer: In the fob?
JA: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Basically changed the fob battery, thats it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The car battery still reads 22 volts and the igntion is in the lock position
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me what the vehicle does when you try starting it? Is the engine cranking over or does it act like a dead battery?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dead battery but lights come on, interior too, no radio though
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It says no key, I changed the fob battery
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

If it says no key and if the FOB has a good battery then either the FOB itself has failed or the receiver is not picking up its signal. Do you have an extra FOB

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's not programmed
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

Then that may be the issue. When this module is installed it needs to be programmed to the vehicle in order for it to work.