Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Grinding and thumping while driving. replaced wheel bearings

Customer Question
and the right motor mount...
grinding and thumping while driving. replaced wheel bearings and the right motor mount. the front also needs replacing haven't done that yet. Am I going in the right direction?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: about a month . sounded like the back of the car but I think its under the driver
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2008 maxima 3.5
JA: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: rear wheel bearings , right motor mount
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/31/2016
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 10 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does this only occur when the vehicle is moving or also when stationary?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician