Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

The heat isn't working. I took a look under the hood to

Customer Question

The heat isn't working. I took a look under the hood to check the fluids and it felt like all the air was blowing under the hood instead of the car
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: I haven't noticed any
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2005 Titan LE
JA: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My husband and I just noticed the problem yesterday. So the only thing we have done was look under the hood a few minutes ago.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oh also when we shut the truck off we start hearing a clicking noise
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Okay Thank you

Hey how are you ,you are welcome

1-what you are hearing inside the dash is the Actuator for temp,blend , reticulation & Intake actuators that moves the blend doors to direct air flow

so either the actuator one or few are defective and common to hear the gears clicking because they gears teeth are broken and hearing skipping od the blend door gear trying to move it but cant ,so most likley one of the actuators needs replacing , if you did not hear anything we might have an electrical issue but they are working since u can hear the m

Please Click on link to view Actuator location

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

There is one more possibility if the ac control module in dash lost sync or calibration and actuators need calibration , You do need a Nissan scanner to re calibrate them and also chect & test those actuator you can do with a Nissan scanner or equivalent

You can try manual reset in case that is the case

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Happy Holidays

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat