peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My 2014 altima has no sound coming from the radio how do I

Customer Question

My 2014 altima has no sound coming from the radio how do I fix it
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It came with the car
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet but i can't change radio stations either
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you are unable to change out the radio stations and you have no sound at all this indicates an internal electrical fault in the radio itself.I have seen these fail before in the past needing replaced for this issue here.The circuit board in the radio usually fails causing this issue here.

One thing you can try is to remove the fuse for it for about 5 minutes then reinstall the fuse and see if it then has sound.This sometimes resets the radio but usually the fault is internal with it needing repaired or replaced to resolve this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete