Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I would like to know how to change the fuel injectors on a

Good evening all. I would...
Good evening all. I would like to know how to change the fuel injectors on a 2003 Nissan Sentra?
1.8L. Thanks, ***** ***** website would carry the injectors?
12/25/2016
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you .

1- this is the steps to remove & replace the fuel injector as requested

2- please click on the link to view all 10 diagrams on it

FUEL INJECTOR AND FUEL TUBE

Zoom and Print Options

FUEL INJECTOR AND FUEL TUBE

CAUTION: Apply new engine oil when installing the parts that specified to do so in the figure. Do not remove or disassemble parts unless instructed as shown above.

REMOVAL
1. Release the fuel pressure.
2. Disconnect the intake manifold bracket.
3. Remove the PVC hose and bracket.
4. Disconnect the sub-harness for the fuel injectors.

Zoom and Print Options

5. Disconnect the fuel quick connector on the engine side.
- Using the quick connector release tool (hereinafter called "release tool"), perform the following steps to disconnect quick connector.

Zoom and Print Options

a. Remove quick connector cap.

Zoom and Print Options

b. With the sleeve side of release facing quick connector, install release tool onto fuel tube.
c. Insert release tool into quick connector until sleeve contacts and goes no further. Hold the release tool on that position.

CAUTION: Inserting the release tool hard will not disconnect quick connector. Hold release tool where it contacts and goes no further.

d. Pull the quick connector straight out from the fuel tube.

CAUTION: Pull quick connector holding it at the "A".position, as shown in illustration.
Do not pull with lateral force applied. O-ring inside quick connector may be damaged. Prepare container and cloth beforehand as fuel will leak out.
Avoid fire and sparks.
Be sure to cover openings of disconnected pipes with plug or plastic bag to avoid fuel leakage and entry of foreign materials.

6. When removing fuel hose quick connector at vehicle piping side, perform as follows.

Zoom and Print Options

a. Remove quick connector cap.
b. Hold the sides of the connector, push in tabs and pull out the tube. (The figure is shown for reference only.)
If the connector and the tube are stuck together, push and pull several times until they start to move. Then disconnect them by pulling.

CAUTION: The tube can be removed when the tabs are completely depressed. Do not twist it more than necessary.
Do not use any tools to remove the quick connector.
Keep the resin tube away from heat. Be especially careful
Prevent acid liquid such as battery electrolyte etc. from getting on the resin tube.
Do not bend or twist the tube during installation and removal. Do not remove the remaining retainer on tube. When the tube is replaced, also replace the retainer with a new one. Retainer color: Green.
To keep clean the connecting portion and to avoid damage and foreign materials, cover them completely with plastic bags or something similar.

7. Remove the fuel injectors from the fuel tube, as follows:
a. Release the clip, and remove the fuel injector.
b. Pull the fuel injector straight out of the fuel tube.

CAUTION: Be careful not to damage the nozzle.
Avoid any impact, such as dropping the fuel injector.
Do not disassemble or adjust the fuel injector.

INSTALLATION
1. Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Install new O-rings on the fuel injectors.
- Lubricate the new O-rings lightly with new engine oil.
- Be careful not to scratch the injector during installation. Also be careful not to twist or stretch the O-ring. If the O-ring was stretched while it was installed, do not insert it into the fuel tube immediately.

Zoom and Print Options

a. Install the fuel injector into the fuel tube with the following procedure:
- Do not reuse the clip, replace it with a new one.
- Insert the clip into the clip mounting groove on the fuel injector.
- Insert clip so that projection A of fuel injector matches notch A of the clip.

b. Insert fuel injector into fuel tube with clip attached.
- Insert it while matching it to the axial center. Insert fuel injector so that projection B of fuel injector matches notch B of the clip.
- Make sure that fuel tube flange is securely fixed in flange fixing groove on the clip.
- Make sure that installation is complete by checking that fuel injector does not rotate or come off.

c. Install the fuel tube assembly with the following procedure:
- Insert the tip of each fuel injector into the intake manifold.

Zoom and Print Options

- Tighten the fuel tube mounting bolts in two stages in the numerical order shown.

Stage 1:.................12 - 14 Nm (1.2 - 1.4 kg-m, 9 - 10 ft. lbs.)
Stage 2:..................17 - 24 Nm (1.7 - 2.4 kg-m, 12 - 17 ft. lbs.)

CAUTION: After properly connecting fuel tube assembly to injector and fuel hose, check connection for fuel leakage.

CONNECTING QUICK CONNECTOR ON THE FUEL HOSE (ENGINE SIDE)
1. Make sure no foreign substances are deposited in and around the fuel tube and quick connector, and there is no damage to them.
2. Thinly apply new engine oil around the fuel tube tip end.

Zoom and Print Options

3. Align center to insert quick connector straight into fuel tube.
Insert fuel tube into quick connector until the top spool on fuel tubes is inserted completely and the second level spool is positioned slightly below the quick connector bottom end.

CAUTION: Hold at position "A" is shown, when inserting the fuel tube into the quick connector.
Carefully align to center to avoid inclined insertion to prevent damage to the O-ring inside the quick connector.
Insert the fuel tube until you hear a "click" sound and actually feel the engagement.
To avoid misidentification of engagement with a similar sound, be sure to perform the next step.

4. Before clamping the fuel hose with the hose clamp, pull the quick connector hard by hand, holding at the "A" position, as shown. Make sure it is completely engaged (connected) so that it does not come off of the fuel tube.

NOTE: Recommended pulling force is 50 N (5.1 kg, 11.2 lb).

5. Install Quick connector cap on Quick connector joint.

Zoom and Print Options

Direct arrow mark on quick connector cap to upper side (fuel hose side).

6. Install fuel hose to hose clamp.

Zoom and Print Options

CONNECTING QUICK CONNECTOR ON THE FUEL HOSE (VEHICLE PIPING SIDE)
2. Align center to insert quick connector straight into fuel tube. Insert fuel tube until a click is heard. Install quick connector cap on quick connector joint. Direct arrow mark on quick connector cap upper side.
-Install fuel hose to hose clamp.

INSPECTION AFTER INSTALLATION
Make sure there is no fuel leakage at connections as follows:
1. Apply fuel pressure to fuel lines by turning ignition ON (with engine stopped). Then check for fuel leaks at connections.
2. Start the engine and rev it up and check for fuel leaks at connections.

NOTE: Use mirrors for checking on hard to see points of the fuel system.

CAUTION: Do not touch the engine immediately after stopping, as the engine becomes extremely hot.

2e6560a7-bb42-4ffd-b2d2-...gif2e6560a...gif65b74d52-d837-47cf-a0e1-...gif65b74d5...gif26f108ac-a31f-4987-8fe8-...gif26f108a...gife3582855-1015-4079-bdc2-...gife358285...gif09e9ab01-eddf-450f-83db-...gif09e9ab0...gif692a61e2-3c23-4fca-9e12-...gif692a61e...giffe67a529-00c5-4b6c-8f3d-...giffe67a52...gifd185810c-1d51-4196-be69-...gifd185810...gifa337b658-4bcb-4d3a-aed7-...gifa337b65...gifb886642b-5c62-475a-a6f3-...gifb886642...gif

Merry Christmas Happy Holidays

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat