Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2010 sentra i change the engine oil and i was ready

Customer Question

i have a 2010 sentra i change the engine oil and i was ready to do the spark plugs that i boutgh i noticed there were under the intake manifold so. i started to unplug hoses but i noticed it was getting dark so. i decided to put everuthing back then i started the car and it was iddleing up and down for a while then only does it in parking or newtro
JA: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?
Customer: 106000
JA: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i was just trying to change the spark plugs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: started to unplug hoses all around but it was getting dark outside i put everything back together but when i try to started it was idle up and down
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you were taking things apart, did you happen to clean the Throttle chamber?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

When ever you clean the throttle chamber or replace it you need to do what they call a Idle Relearn. That is why you are getting the idle up and down. Because of the Idle issue, it would most likely need to be done with a scanner. But I can give you the manual steps and see if you can get it to take.

Hang on.

Expert:  Jay replied 8 months ago.

That is the steps in performing a manual Idle Relearn. Keep in mind, this process is tricky. When it tells you to count to lets say 7 seconds, make sure it's exactly 7 seconds. That is how precise this is.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!