Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I can't push the brake to start my 370z. 2011. I just change

Customer Question
I can't push the brake...
I can't push the brake to start my 370z
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes
JA: What year is your 370Z?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you fixing your 370Z yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just change the battery and the yellow light come up now I can't push the start bottow
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/25/2016
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 12 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David, can you be more specific please? you cant push the start button? or it wont start when you push it? and then you said you cant push the brake?

Won't start when I push it..
Ps. Before.. if I want to start the car.. I need to push on the brake first. Now I push on the brake.. the brake kindda hard to push it down

when you push the stat button does it try to start and wont or does it do nothing?

Doing nothing. On the start / stop.. lock
I can't ever push the brake..

ok. open the hood, check the vacuum hose on the brake booster. make sure its on.

you try starting it in neutral?

it's pn
it's ok
I am not home right now can I talk with u later

sure il be on and off all day.

I am home right now.. xam ubajow me how to do it
Please help me
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 12 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you still need help with this?

I took my car to the Nissan.. they say the steering lock no good??

That was what I was going to ask you as one of my questions. To see if the steering wheel was locked or not.

Glad you have gotten to the bottom of your problem.

Do you have any more questions on this?

I paid $1024 to fixed it

Yeah. The part is around 700 bucks and 2 hours labor to install. It is not a cheap fix.

On Nissan parts website only $467..dealer charged me $766

Are you using the proper part number? I know Altima's that is around the cost of them

No..I went to Nissan website and put same parts number.. original price is $777.. but on sale now is only $467
$447

The only thing I can suggest if you used the part number is ***** contact Nissan at 1-800-Nissan-1 and talk to them about it. Also print out your findings and take it to the dealer and ask why you were charged almost 100% mark up?

Nissan website and Nissan dealer the same eight
Right

depends.. There are many dealers that sell parts whole sale online.

All dealers are individually owned. But you can plead your case to Nissan about the dealer and see if they will contact the dealer to reimburse you part of the difference

Thank you

You will always get a better price whole sale. But have to wait for parts to be shipped.

So if you are using a Nissan Website with the dealers name on it. They should honor that price.

If the web site is a different dealers name. Then you may want to contact Nissan and talk to them exactly about it. You have nothing to loose by inquiring about it. Only could gain.

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician