Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Just turn the car on loud ringing noise so I then shut it

Customer Question
off still has that same...
Just turn the car on loud ringing noise so I then shut it off still has that same noise
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2007 Nissan Murano
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just started this morning didn't do anything to it
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: no I can check in a few just check in to work
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
11/22/2016
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. is it more like a whining?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
whining noise when I turn the car on and didn't stop when I put the car off.

is it just while you are sitting still or did you try driving it ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I drove it to work 29 minute ride the noise just kept going while driving and when I shut off the car at my work place.

did it seem to go up and down with the speed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Speed wasn't a factor

ok. ill opt out and see if anyone else has an idea

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Constant ringing noise when the car is off and on doesn't go away while driving can anyone else help?
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have the intelligent key type of ignition where you only need to have the key on you and turn the knob to start the car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do have the intelligent key and turn the know to start the car

Did you check to make sure the ignition knob is fully turned to the off position when you get this ring?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The ringing started when I turn the car on then I shut the car off and on several times to find out where the noise is coming from the turn Knob was turn correctly. Noise does sound like it's coming from inside the dashboard and not outside by the engine.

any chance you can take a video of the ringing type noise so I can hear it?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician