Craig Manning
Craig Manning, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Technician
97029787

I have an 08 Pathfinder. A year ago I went through the whole

Customer Question

I have an 08 Pathfinder. A year ago I went through the whole transmission cooling line rupturing inside my radiator. 2 weeks ago no heat. Had like a clearish gel substance inside the radiator. Had it flushed and found out my heater core was cracked. a few days ago the heater was glitching. wouldn't turn up then out of the blue air would shoot out full blast. Now nothing. Only in the front. The rear works just fine. Not sure if its the blower, resistor or the blower motor relay. Any way you can help me diagnose this. Can have the wife and kids riding around without defrost.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: approx 144000. Yes. starts fine.
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've just checked fuses so far and made sure the rear blower was still working. next was to check that relay. if the is a way to do so before I pull the glove compartment and dash apart to check the blower motor and resistor.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all I have thus far.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Craig Manning replied 9 months ago.

It sounds to me like the blower motor have overloaded the resistor with amperage and burnt out the resistor. The recommended fix for it would be to replace blower motor and resistor. The quick cheap but incorrect fix would be to just replace resistor.

Are you still in need of assistance? If not would you mind to please rate and except as this is how we are compensated.