Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Transmission seems to be slipping, want to check fluid but

Customer Question
doesn't have a standard dipstick. JA...
Transmission seems to be slipping, want to check fluid but doesn't have a standard dipstick.
JA: This is potentially serious. How long has it been going on?
Customer: Just started recent
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2006 frontier se
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have not tried anything yet, trying to figure out what needs to be done
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it true that this model has a habit of cooling lines leaking into the transmission??
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2016
Nissan Mechanic: KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 12 months ago
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

What size engine does your truck have in it?

V6 4.0

Please tell me what all information you need to know?

The proper way or method to check the transmission fluid level and if there is a good chance that the transmission cooling lines could have leaked coolant into my transmission.

The first thing you need to do will be to find the transmission dip stick. Do you know where it is on your truck?

Where it is suppose to be, there looks like a plug that is bolted down.

The dip stick for the trans should be on the passenger side of the engine next to the fire wall. It will have a red or black handle on it. With the engine not running, pull the dip stick out and see what color the fluid is. Is should be a clear red color. If it is a dark red or a creamy almost white color let me know. If the fluid is clear red, start the engine, wipe the dip stick clean, and put it back into the dip stick tube. Then pull it out and see where the fluid level is on the stick.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician