Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I just purchased a 2009 Nissan Cube. It had 96k miles. Runs

Customer Question
great, AC works great. But...
I just purchased a 2009 Nissan Cube. It had 96k miles. Runs great, AC works great. But the heater is not working at all. Could it be the heater core and how hard is it to fix that? Is it something I can do on my own or should I take it to a mechanic? Any idea on the average cost from a mechanic?
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: Coolant level is good. Not sure how to check the thermostat.
JA: Are you fixing your Cube yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the coolant level. It was ok. I would like to repair myself if possible.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2016
Nissan Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

There are several things that can cause a no heat issue from heater core, heater control head, thermostat, coolant blockage etc.

You would be best to have it diagnosed to see what is causing it for sure. In most cases it's something simple, but if it is a heater core, even mechanics dread those. They're not easy to do.

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

You're welcome, thank you to and please remember to rate me 5 stars and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

I don't get credit for helping you until you rate me:)

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician