Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Rough running slightly knock, 84 720 4 x4, Plug condition

Customer Question
Rough running slightly knock JA: What...
Rough running slightly knock
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 84 720 4 x4
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Plug condition valve clearance. Also has a weber carb
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: No leaks. 124700
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Was running great
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
11/17/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer . I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. Hoe long ago has it bees tuned up? Here is what you can quickly do . WHEN DARK OUTSIDE RUN THE ENGINE AND OPEN THE HOOD AND MIST THE ELECTRICAL PARTS OF THE IGNITION WITH WATER . iF YOU SEE ANY FLASHES OF LIGHT THAT IS A WEAK SPOT SHORTING OUT AND NEEDS REPLACING.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Recently replaced the wires plugs

Have you checked the timing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No but did find the distributor loose

Aw lets do that first check the timing and get back to me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Just wondering if you have checked that timing yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will tomorrow

very well keep me informed .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
K
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Timing ok compression 150 front two cylinders and 30 on back two

Just 30 on those cylinders is the problem, Now you have to determine why those two cylinders have low compression by doing a wet compression test as well. This will tell you if it is the rings or valves that are at fault. will you be doing the compression testing? Perhaps you would like to descuss this over the phone it may be faster and easier, your choice .Or we can continue texting. let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pulled head gasket blown

Aw that explains the loss of compression then, Make sure you have the head checked for warp age with a straight edge or have it decked by a machine shop.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician