Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My back up camera and reverse lights are not working. We are

Customer Question
wanting a DIY solution as...
My back up camera and reverse lights are not working. We are wanting a DIY solution as we don't have the money
JA: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: It comes with the vehicle
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2009 Nissan Murano S
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it in for a bare check to Check fuses and bulbs etc. Heso saying itat be the relay. All sensors are working for the camera but my diagnostic option in the car is saying the steer angle sensor and reverse sensor are off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm wanting to fix it myself if possible
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wanted to know where said relay is and how to check if it needs to be replaced
11/15/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

How many miles do you have on your Murano? Also when you look at the back up camera, do you have the predictive lines? or is the screen just black?

do you have a test light to check fuses?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fuses were checked and all good. I have approx. 128000 miles. When I shift into reverse, the screen doesn't change and no reverse lightside come on

Were fuses checked with a test light? When you use a test light to check fuses, you are verifying that the fuse is getting power. Also how good are you at electrical?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
all fuses are getting power (checked by a mechanic) and nothe heavily experienced but need to save money as we just bought the vehicle a month ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician