Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a Nissan X-Trail 2000 model, 2000cc engine capacity.

Customer Question

I have a Nissan X-Trail 2000 model, 2000cc engine capacity. This morning the engine started well and I drove it for some errands, and parked it in front of a shop to do some shopping. When I returned, the car could not start. I have a new battery, there half tank of fuel, the dash-board is showing clearly and there was no indication of a problem. what could be the problem with my car?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: This is the first time that I am having this problem
JA: What is the model of your '00 Nissan?
Customer: Year 2000, Engine type is QR20
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not, but the local mechanics tried to check on the spark plugs and they appear to be just fine.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The fuel system is equally fine
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injector , proper fuel pressure and good engine compression. Did your mechanic check each one of these things to determine which one you are lacking and if so which one are you lacking? Post back with this and I will help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I suppose all these are ok because the engine is actually cranking. Fuel pressure is just fine
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay was the computer system scanned and if so where there any fault codes setting?