Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Just changed the battery on my 2008 titan and I have not

Customer Question
power when I turn the...
Just changed the battery on my 2008 titan and I have not power when I turn the key.
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Yes. I cleaned all the terminals and bolts are tight. Is this a security issue?
JA: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The dealer has always changed the battery but it died today and they are closed. I have 30 years of mechanical experience but this is the first time to change it on the Titan.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Do you have power to anything on the truck?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

No need to request a phone call, but please give me a moment to type my response.

Sorry, I am unable to do a phone call right at the moment.

You likely either have the battery in backwards or have blown a fusible link. On the battery positive cable is a bunch of fusible links. If you have a test light you can check the links or if you have a meter it's even better. Usually one blown will still leave you with some power which is why I am suggesting it's possible the battery is backward. I am sending along a diagram so you can see the links. Some are just large flat blade style fuses while the very main one is a long clear topped fuse you can look into to see if its burnt.

Please let me know.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The links are good and the battery is in correct. Is there a security feature?

No security feature that prevents any electrical power to the fuse box and truck.

Only an immobilizer to prevent it from starting, but the engine would still crank and you would still have power to everything.

If the fusible links are good, then the battery (even though it's new) must not be charged. Sorry to say unless there is some kind of aftermarket security system on this, you should have power.

Do you have a test light so you can check some of the fuses in the IPDM and see if there is any power there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The battery has 14 volts. I cannot believe the IPDM fuses would be bad if the truck ran before the battery was changed. I bought the battery and brought it home and changed it.
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., nissan master auto tech  replied 1 year ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., nissan master auto tech
Phone call session started
Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician