Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have several DTC codes P1810, C1105, C1707 on my frontier

Customer Question

I have several DTC codes P1810, C1105, C1707 on my frontier 2008
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the rt rear wheel sensor and took it to dealership to reset and they found those other codes,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

2wd or 4wd v6 or 4 cyl

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
4wd v6

ok great , thanks

Most Possible causes

1- harness Connector

2- Wheel Sensor

3- ABS Pump

This below is a Trouble shoot procedure to find out which one it is , a scanner will be need for that .

now you changed the sensor already, so that can not be it ,If no scanner is available to you , unplug abs Pump/module electrical connector , inspect with a flash light for any backed out pins or broken ones and making por connection, get electrical contact cleaner and spray and retest , if that don't work ,then replace the abs pump.

now offcourse running tge test below be best since you can be accurate .

C1105, C1106, C1107, C1108 WHEEL SENSOR-2 Description When the sensor rotor rotates, the magnetic field changes. It converts the magnetic field changes to current signals (rectangular wave) and transmits them to the ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit). DTC Logic

DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE 1.CHECK SELF-DIAGNOSIS RESULTS Check the self-diagnosis results.

Is above displayed on the self-diagnosis display? YES >>Proceed to diagnosis procedure. Refer to "Diagnosis Procedure". NO >>INSPECTION END Diagnosis Procedure CAUTION: Do not check between wheel sensor terminals. INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CONNECTOR INSPECTION Disconnect the ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) connector and wheel sensor of malfunctioning code. Check the terminals for deformation, disconnection, looseness or damage. Is the inspection result normal? YES >>GO TO 2 NO >>Repair or replace as necessary. 2.CHECK WHEEL SENSOR OUTPUT SIGNAL 1. Connect ABS active wheel sensor tester (J-45741) to wheel sensor using appropriate adapter. 2. Turn on the ABS active wheel sensor tester power switch. NOTE: The green POWER indicator should illuminate. If the POWER indicator does not illuminate, replace the battery in the ABS active wheel sensor tester before proceeding. 3. Spin the wheel of the vehicle by hand and observe the red SENSOR indicator on the ABS active wheel sensor tester. The red SENSOR indicator should flash on and off to indicate an output signal. NOTE: If the red SENSOR indicator illuminates but does not flash, reverse the polarity of the tester leads and retest. Does the ABS active wheel sensor tester detect a signal? YES >>GO TO 3 NO >>Replace the wheel sensor. 3.CHECK TIRES Check for inflation pressure, wear and size of each tire. Are tire pressure and size correct and is tire wear within specifications? YES >>GO TO 4 NO >>Adjust tire pressure or replace tire(s). 4.CHECK WHEEL BEARINGS Check wheel bearing axial end play. Refer to FAX-5, "On-Vehicle Inspection and Service" (front), RAX-7, "Rear Axle Bearing" (C200 rear axle), or RAX-19, "Rear Axle Bearing" (M226 rear axle). Is the inspection result normal? YES >>GO TO 5 NO >>Repair or replace as necessary.

1. Disconnect ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) connector and wheel sensor connector of malfunction code No. 2. Check continuity between wheel sensor harness connector terminals and ground. Continuity should not exist. Is the inspection result normal? YES >>GO TO 6 NO >>Repair the circuit. 6.CHECK WIRING HARNESS FOR OPEN CIRCUIT 1. Check continuity between ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) harness connector and the malfunctioning wheel sensor harness connector.

Is the inspection result normal? YES >>Replace the ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit). NO >>Repair the circuit. Component Inspection 1.CHECK DATA MONITOR On "DATA MONITOR", select "FR LH SENSOR", "FR RH SENSOR", "RR LH SENSOR", and "RR RH SENSOR", and check the vehicle speed.

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

oh sorry forgot the p1810

this is the P1810

P1810 4 LO SWITCH Description The 4LO switch detects that the transfer case is in 4LO range. DTC P1810 will set when an improper signal from the 4LO switch is input due to an open or short circuit. DTC Logic DTC Detection Logic

DTC Confirmation Procedure 1. DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE 1. Turn ignition switch ON. 2. Perform self-diagnosis. Is DTC P1810 displayed? YES >>Perform Diagnostic Procedure. Refer to "Diagnostic Procedure" below. NO >>Inspection End. Diagnosis Procedure 1. CHECK 4LO POSITION SWITCH SIGNAL With CONSULT-III 1. Start engine. 2. Select "DATA MONITOR" mode for "ALL MODE AWD/4WD" with CONSULT-III. 3. Read out the value of "4L POSI SW".

Check voltage between transfer control unit harness connector terminal and ground. Are the inspection results normal? YES >>GO TO 5. NO >>GO TO 2. 2. CHECK HARNESS BETWEEN TRANSFER CONTROL UNIT AND 4LO SWITCH 1. Turn ignition switch "OFF". (Stay for at least 5 seconds.)

2. Disconnect transfer control unit harness connector and the 4LO switch harness connector. 3. Check continuity between transfer control unit harness connector M152 terminal 24 and 4LO switch harness connector F60 terminal 13. Continuity should exist. Also check harness for short to ground and short to power. Is there continuity? YES >>GO TO 3. NO >>Repair or replace damaged parts. 3. CHECK GROUND CIRCUIT 1. Turn ignition switch "OFF". (Stay for at least 5 seconds.) 2. Disconnect 4LO switch harness connector.

3. Check continuity between 4LO switch harness connector F60 terminal 12 and ground. Continuity should exist. Also check harness for short to power. Is there continuity? YES >>GO TO 4. NO >>Repair open circuit or short to power in harness or connectors. 4. CHECK 4LO SWITCH 1. Turn ignition switch "OFF". (Stay for at least 5 seconds.) 2. Disconnect 4LO switch harness connector. 3. Remove 4LO switch.

4. Push and release 4LO switch and check continuity between 4LO switch terminals 12 and 13. Are the inspection results normal? YES >>GO TO 5. NO >>Replace 4LO switch. 5. CHECK TRANSFER CONTROL UNIT Check transfer control unit input/output signal. Refer to DLN-54, "Reference Value". See: Transfer Case > Pinout Values and Diagnostic Parameters > Reference Value Are the inspection results normal? YES >>GO TO 6. NO >>Check transfer control unit pin terminals for damage or loose connection with harness connector. If any items are damaged, repair or replace damaged parts. 6. CHECK DTC Drive the vehicle and then perform self-diagnosis. Is DTC P1810 displayed? YES >>Replace transfer control unit. NO >>Inspection End.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat