Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have Nissan Altima 2008, recently i changed my Gear Box.

Customer Question

hi, I have Nissan Altima 2008, recently i changed my Gear Box. now i have a problem with my Cruise control. when i start the car it works fine, but when i cross a speed of 90KMH, the SET light start flashing and cruise stop working.
I checked the same with Machanic, he check everything but could not find any prob. one thing he found that the speed reading from the speedometer and the ABS and TCM is not the same. ABS and TCM shows speed 90kmh while at the same time Speedometer shows 100kmh.
can you please tell me what is the exact problem and how to fix the cruise control issue.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1-What year car was the gear box replaced taken from or you rebuild your own ?not all year are interchange able and it will cause that for, you did you have a scanner hooked up tpo it and retrieved any fault codes ?

2- what you explained on the TCM & ABS speed not matching , there is our problem ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

ASE Certified Technicianq

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Chad Farhat,
thanks for reply, My car is 2008 year and I change the Gear Box for the same year.
TCM and ABS both show same speed but speedometer show different.

hey man how are you .

let me look up the circuit diagram and be right back let see what is causing this .

If at any point during our conversation you like to speak to me on the phone ,feel free to ask me or you can request it on the screen at your convenience and I will call you right away.

mileage on car please

Chad

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hy Chad,
I did not receive the answer yet and on top of that why again payment is deducted from my credit card without any notification?