Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Where do I plug into the ignition switch on a 2004 Nissan

Customer Question
xterra JA: Most vehicles have two...
where do I plug into the ignition switch on a 2004 Nissan xterra
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?
Customer: I'm looking at the one below on left of steering wheel.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2004 Nissan Xterra xe
JA: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am. I have it all wired up. I just need to find where the fog light harness plugs into the ignition switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it? or can I just splice that wire for the harness to the positive terminal on battery
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
11/5/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic, Mobile Elect., ARA Cert. replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic, Mobile Elect., ARA Cert.

Factory Fog Light wiring does NOT connect to the Ignition Switch
Power comes from the RED / BLACK wire of the Combination Switch (turn signal / light switch)
Factory also uses a Relay for the Fog Lights

Click Attachment Below
Otherwise here is the Ignition Switch wires
Constant 12 volts = WHITE/BLACK
Ignition 12 volts = BLACK/WHITE
Starter = BLACK/YELLOW
Ignition #2 = RED/YELLOW
Accessory = WHITE/BLUE

.

.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.
.....................

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch