Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Have a 2010 nissan altima when un plug and replug pressure

Customer Question
switch for ac it works...
have a 2010 nissan altima when un plug and replug pressure switch for ac it works perfect but when accelerate it kicks ac off and doesnt engage back
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
11/4/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 1 year ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help . is the system fully charged ??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
fully charged took to local shop and verified on that only thing came up on pegasus was a -58 oil temp sensor

is the pegasus a scan tool ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sir ac works perfect if u reset the pressure switch by unplug n replug itll freeze u out just as did before but if u hit the accelerator it kicks compressor off and wont reengage

you need to check reading with the system running and when it is not working to see where the pressure is you have ether a under charge over charge or a bad switch

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
running it is 30 low side 150 high side when off 80-90 low side 90-100 high side
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you can cycle it from inside on and off and compressor does like its being told but only when u accelerate it wont kick back on

what is the pressure sensor reading on the scan tool

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
was close to same readings as gauges

that is not what i am looking for there should be a voltage reading for the sensor in the ecm

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i didnt record the voltage reading

can you

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician