Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I changed the pedal and still no accleration. It comes up

Customer Question
i changed the pedal and...
i changed the pedal and still no accleration
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: it comes up with pedal postion sensor code 2006 altima I changed it
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i own a auto shop i pulled obd codes no acceleration replace pedal still no accleration
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
11/3/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer.I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. This is a drive by wire accelerator and the ECU picks up that input from the actuator on the throttle body so that's where you need to focus on.Try wiggling and checking the connector there and checking it's resistance . I will not ask you to rate me untill we have resolved your problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the codes are p2102 2135 p1225 p0605 is there a relearn when replacing the pedal

P0605 NISSAN - Engine Control Module Fault

Possible causes- Engine Control Module (ECM) may be faulty- ECM harness power supply circuit is open or shorted- ECM harness ground circuit is open or shorted What does this mean?Try erasing the code first, if the light comes back ON you may have to replace the ECM to repair the problem.There is a factory service bulletin for the following Nissan models:2002 Nissan Altima2003 Nissan Altima2004 Nissan Altima2005 Nissan Altima2002-2005 Nissan Altima Service Bulletin OBDII Code P0605 What does this mean?Possible symptoms- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)- Engine may not startP0605 Nissan Description Engine Control Module (ECM) continuously monitors its own internal memory status, internal circuits, and output signals transmitted to the throttle actuator. This self-check insures that the ECM is functioning properly. If any malfunction is detected, the ECM sets the P0605 code and illuminates the MIL.

P2102 - Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit Low

Possible causes- Faulty Throttle Actuator Control Motor- Throttle Actuator Control Motor harness is open- Throttle Actuator Control Motor circuit poor electrical connection

The throttle actuator is operated by the Engine Control Module (ECM) and it opens and closes the throttle valve. Power supply for the throttle control motor is provided to the ECM via throttle control motor relay. The throttle control motor relay is ON/OFF controlled by the ECM. When the ignition switch is turned ON, the ECM sends an ON signal to throttle control motor relay and battery voltage is provided to the ECM. When the ignition switch is turned OFF, the ECM sends an OFF signal to throttle control motor relay and battery voltage is not provided to the ECM. The opening angle of the throttle valve is detected by the throttle position sensor which is mounted on the throttle body. The throttle position sensor provides feedback to the ECM. This feedback allows the ECM to control the throttle actuator and monitor the throttle opening angle in response to driver inputs.

P2135 NISSAN - Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

Possible causes- Faulty Electric Throttle Control Actuator (TP sensor 1 and 2)- Electric Throttle Control Actuator harness is open or shorted- Electric Throttle Control Actuator circuit poor connection- Faulty Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor

Electric Throttle Control Actuator consists of throttle control motor, throttle position sensor, etc. The throttle position sensor responds to the throttle valve movement.The throttle position sensor has the two sensors. These sensors are a kind of potentiometers which transform the throttle valve position into output voltage, and emit the voltage signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM). In addition, these sensors detect the opening and closing speed of the throttle valve and feed the voltage signals to the ECM. The ECM judges the current opening angle of the throttle valve from these signals and the ECM controls the throttle control motor to make the throttle valve opening angle properly in response to driving condition.

P1225 NISSAN - Closed Throttle Position Learning Performance Problem

Possible causes- Faulty Electric throttle control actuator (TP sensor 2)- Electric throttle control actuator (TP sensor 2) harness is open or shorted- Electric throttle control actuator (TP sensor 2) circuit poor electrical connection

Electric Throttle Control Actuator consists of throttle control motor, throttle position sensor, etc. The Throttle Position (TP) sensor responds to the throttle valve movement.The throttle position sensor has the two sensors. These sensors are a kind of potentiometers which transform the throttle valve position into output voltage, and emit the voltage signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM). In addition, these sensors detect the opening and closing speed of the throttle valve and feed the voltage signals to the ECM. The ECM judges the current opening angle of the throttle valve from these signals and the ECM controls the throttle control motor to make the throttle valve opening angle properly in response to driving condition.

ARE THESE THE CODES YOU HAD OR HAVE NOW? AND YES THERE IS A SLIGHT LEARNING PERIOD BUT ONE OF THE CODES SEEM TO INDICATE IT HAS A PROBLEM DOING SO.IF THESE WERE THE ORIGINAL CODES iT DID NOT INDICATE THE PEDAL SENSOR BUT WHAT i SUGGESTED THE THROTTLE BODY MOTOR AND SENSOR.I would replace that and erase the codes to see if any codes come back you may be looking at the ECU as well but you may be lucky.

Have you had time to check things out that I suggested? iF YOU REQUIRE FURTHER HELP LET ME KNOW OR PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER WITH 5 STARS THANK YOU.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician