Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I replaced car battery and fob battery.(2007 Nissan Versa)

Customer Question

I replaced car battery and fob battery.(2007 Nissan Versa) Cannot Start car even with physical key. Blinking indicator appears to say car is not recognizing key. Pls respond. Tx.
JA: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?
Customer: Yes, a professional did the car battery
JA: What year is your Versa?
Customer: 2007
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2007 Nissan versa
JA: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only tried normal layman starting. Fob does not open doors or alarm either
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no,tx
Category: Nissan
Expert:  david craig replied 9 months ago.

Hi Im David please allow me a few moments to get the reset procedure for you. thanks.

Ok, try this to reset the system.Close the hood and all doors. Lock the truck using the lock button on the master switch driver side.Then wait 30 seconds and unlock the door with the key. Wait 30 more and then open the door. This should reset the system so the truck will start.

if that doesnt work,

• Reset your Versa by entering your vehicle with all of your remote control fobs. Once you enter the mode to program your ignition to your keys and to your alarm, all of your existing fobs will stop working and need reprogramming to work with the new code in the ignition.

• Close the doors and lock them with the power door lock control on the driver's door panel. Insert and remove the key from your ignition a total of six times in 10 seconds. Hazard lights in your car will blink to indicated you've done this correctly.

• Put your key back into the ignition and turn it to the setting immediately before the "On" setting, and within five seconds of doing so, push any button on your keyless remote fob. Hazard lights in your car will blink, letting you know you've done this correctly.

• Program the rest of your remote fobs, by unlocking and locking your doors from the power door lock button on the driver's door, and pushing a button on your key fob. Repeat for each additional key you need to program.

• Test your remotes and your ignition to ensure all programming was successful.

do you still need assistance?

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  Jake replied 9 months ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

if you have a blinking NATS light (red car with key symbol) that is COMPLETELY NORMAL. This does not indicate a security issue. If you had a security issue then the NATS light would remain on solid while the engine is cranking.

If the car will not even crank at all, which your description sounds like, then this is a completely different issue all together. It could be as simple as battery related (hopefully you didn't leave the plastic caps on the new battery terminals when you installed it).

Before I can help further though I need to know the exact symptoms when you attempt to crank the engine? does it crank? does it click one? click rapidly? or do nothing at all?