Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I know both (and there are only 2) camshaft position sensors

Customer Question
are the same part #...
I know both (and there are only 2) camshaft position sensors are the same part #. How many crankshaft sensors and are they the same part # as the camshaft position sensors?
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: runs fine in 1st gear and cranks right up, at 30mph it doesn't matter how far you press the pedal in, it wont gain speed.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 03, se, 4wd, 3.5ltr
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just added some lucas oil treatment, but codes arep0011,p0021,p0420,p0430/p0491
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/1/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is this a Pathfinder?

The truck has one crank sensor.

As for the P0011 and P0021, Lets start with those two codes. Did you check the oil level?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oil level ok

Did you replace the cam sensors?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm a 100% disabled Veteran. I just bought the vehicle. The oil level is ok. When I get to 30 mph it wont gain any speed but will rev. up to 4k rpm.

First off, I would like to thank you for your service!! 100% respect for you!!!

So thank you for that!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have not replaced cam sensors. Going to have vehicle engine flushed then replace filter and with Castrol 10w40 oil.

Second as for your truck. The two codes P0420 and P0430 sounds like you have two bad catt converters which could be restricting exhaust flow causing the lack of power. So that needs to be checked.

I would also check to see if the Cam Sensors are after market. If after market they can cause the P0011 and P0021 code. If not the Cam sensors, then you would have something going on with the intake timing operation. Meaning possibly jump time or something.

That is what you are looking at I am afraid.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dealer put brand new OEM exhaust on it, including exhaust manifold to chrome tips on back.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If it jumped timeing it would run bad all the time, not just when it gets warmed up. THink again Mr. Expert.

That may not have included the Catt Converters. So you may want to check into that. If they did, then it was not from a Nissan dealer and they are after market Catts causing the Catt Codes.

At the same time, the intake timing codes could certainly be off a tooth or two. Which would not run bad one tooth off, you would just have a lack of power. Which could be close to what you are experiencing. But that could be determined by monitoring the intake timing operation with a scanner at idle.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want refund

I will put you in for a refund.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician