Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

You seem to be a knowledgeable person in this forum, so I

Customer Question
Hello, you seem to be...
Hello, you seem to be a knowledgeable person in this forum, so I hope you don't mind me sending you this message, but new to this thread and post thing, so I thought an email would be best. I have an 07 Nissan Maxima, 3.5 V6, CVT Trans. The other day I was driving just on a side street, so I wasn't going over 45mph or so, and the car seemed to jerk violently as as I let go the gas to slow down for the car in front of me, the depressed the gas, rpms went up, but car didnt move any faster, then bam! I hit hard but after that seemed to be fine, no warning lights or anything. I drove it to work the next day, no problem. Then today, I got in the car, started it, and after 5 mins of waiting for it to warm up, it shut off, TCS, slip light, and service engine soon light came on. I restarted the car, the other lights went out except the service engine soon light was still lit. I drove the car around a couple of miles, gave me that hard jerk once, I took it back home and been parked ever since. Should I go straight to replacing the valve body with the latest b version or try the flush and fill first or another avenue? I barely know how to change the oil and fluids, so I have to take it to a mechanic to do the work but I want to make sure I get the correct parts. I figured you have heard it all so I wanted your advice. Thanks in advance!! Fellow Nissan lover, well possibly until now…...
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No I dont
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Nissan Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet, just doing the research and I found the horrible blogs about it, and some say valve body upgrade did the trick.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I explained everything in the first msg
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
10/26/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, thanks for your question.

I wouldn't do ANYTHING until you have had the trouble codes read to see what codes your having. There are quite a few things that could cause your symptoms, some much more likely than others, but the DTC is the first step in moving forward with other diagnostics.

can you drive the car to an auto parts store for a quick scan?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can, so that will be my next step I guess.

do that and get right back to me, we can use this site or we can do a secure email exchange service if you would rather do that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, thanks.

Your welcome, talk to you soon!

Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician