Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Its a 2009 frontier and the cruise control stopped working.

Customer Question
when you tilt the steering...
its a 2009 frontier and the cruise control stopped working. when you tilt the steering wheel the cruise light will turn on but the set will blink and when you straighten the steering wheel it wont turn on. also the air bag light is not turning on and the horn stopped working all together. I believe it is all related to the cruise control problem?
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: fuses have been checked and the truck works fine its just the cruise control wont work
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. we were told that on other trucks it is the sensor below the steering wheel and so we replaced it but there is no change so it wasn't that
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
10/11/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Your saying you replaced the spiral cable? Also known as the clockspring?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. All we replaced was the brake sensor that has to do with the cruise control as well.

Thanks, ***** ***** when you have issues with controls and functions on the steering wheel, especially if more more than one control then it's related to the spiral cable. The fact that turning the wheel effects the function of these accessories is only additional confirmation that your dealing with a spiral cable issue.

Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician