Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Huh, this chat, 2003 sentra, it idles ok but one i hit the

Customer Question
huh JA: What confuses you? Customer: this...
huh
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: this chat
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2003 sentra
JA: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it idles ok but one i hit the throttle it wont go past 2k rpm full throtte
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 106000 1.6
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: 1.8 i ment
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
10/10/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Have you installed a fuel pressure gauge and monitored the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it starts up ok but it won't go past 2k revs full throttle it bogs down heavily

This sounds like you may have a low fuel pressure concern , are you able to check the fuel pressure?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Well that would be the next steps to at least verify you have proper fuel pressure.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Throttle position sensor?

If in fact the TP was bad the computer system would usually set a fault code indicating it was bad. Are you getting any fault codes from the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a odb II READER but where is the connection for it in the car

Its under the dash near the steering column.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I got p0103 and p3040
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
P0340 I ment

The code P0340 set in most cases if the timing chain alignment is off or you have a bad camshaft position sensor. Before you replace any parts you should start with checking the timing chain alignment . Are you able to do some testing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what I am looking for

Okay the code you want to check is the P0340. See the steps in the link below to do this. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0340%20Oct%2010.pdf

Ron, ASE Certified Technician