Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a 1997 gxe altima that was running great until 2

Customer Question

i have a 1997 gxe altima that was running great until 2 weeks ago and then it started running rough ...like it was missing and started smoking real white smoke. i had it plugged into dianostic check to get the codes....it says fuel injectors...does that sound correct?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

is it low on coolant?

do you need to add coolant?

has the car ever been really hot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not need coolant...and its never ran hot. I have no knocking out tapping noise

ok..

it isnt low on coolant now?

do you smell raw fuel when it is running?

and the smoke is white and not blackish in color?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
White like a cloud no black I don't smell any fuel if any it takes awhile to notice real faint
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm on my way to work right now I thought that you was going to answer by how does it work is it $26 additional to the 20 I just paid

ok..

i woulod think you need to keep an eye on the coolant..from the way you explain.it sounds as if you may have a blown head gasket

most times a leaking injector will cause it to burn rich and blow black smoke

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much would a reasonable mechanic charge to fix that

i would think around $300+/-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No water or oil on the dipstick

it doesnt need to put coolant into the oil when the head gasket blows,,when it blows between the water jacket and the cylender,it puts the water into the cylender,,not the oil,,that would be why the engine is missing and you get white smoke[steam]

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LOL I rather get rid of the car I thank you much have a good night tonight and a better one tomorrow

you too.

have a good night

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will rate you 10 plus thank you again

you are very welcome