Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

My rear door will no open (murano) ...is there a manual way

Customer Question

my rear door will no open (murano) ...is there a manual way throught that little door on the inside...triede remote and twice with key turning to right on driver door...simply want to open it at this point
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: i believe it dos
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: murano it the hatch door
JA: What year is your Murano?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i simply want to know if you can open it from the inside through that little access door on the inside
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

You should be able to move the lever via the hole to open the door. I am sending a diagram to hopefully help with this problem.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it will not slide but half way i don't want to brake it i am putting so much prussure on it but nothing
Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

Ok

I am not sure how much pressure it's going to take to open the latch. I would get some penetrating oil, like WD 40 and spray the latch assembly through that hold. If something is frozen, it may free it up so you can get the door open. It doesn't mention if the door locks are on or not if this will work, so also try to make sure the door locks are actually making noise back there when you lock and unlock the car.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is the lock and opener independent of each other cuz i can hear the door trying to open but nothing from the locking mechanism
Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

Well, electrically they are separate, but both are part of the same latch assembly. It does sound like it's possible the lock isn't unlocking back there. Usually the lever will override it. I would say give the lever a little more pressure and see if the door pops. If not, sorry to say but you will likely have to get some assistance with it from a body shop or repair shop.

Still also spray the heck out of it with the penetrating oil. You can't make the situation worse here.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it opened perfectly yesturday ok i'll try some oil
Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

I understand, sadly, that's how these things go, from fine to no good just like that.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Also, please remember to rate my answer.
Thanks so much!