Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fuel injector wiring harness on 2001 frontier sc. I replaced…

fuel injector wiring harness on...
fuel injector wiring harness on 2001 frontier sc. I replaced a couple of the plugs and clipped the 2 wires on the end of harness on drivers side. they are coupled to a red wire and a black wire right behind the head. One wire is light blue and the other is grey with white stripe. Which wire goes where ? Please help
10/2/2016
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do. I know one wire is light blue and not sure about the other. the two they connect to are red and black. which one does the blue connect to?

Here is the wire diagram I will be using. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/SC.pdf First off I need to know what these wires go to. Meaning what sensor or component?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It starts on the passenger side behind the head somewhere and has 6 plugs for the injectors, wraps around the front of motor comes back toward the firewall on driverside. After the #6 injector only 2 very small wires are left.These 2 wires are the ones that connect to a red and a black wire that come from behind a plate on back of head or block. I don't know what it is.

This black/red wire. Is it the power wire to the injector from fuse 3?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is a black wire and a red wire . They go behind a plate on back of motor .

I do not see any sensors that get a black wire and red wire. Can you get me some pictures?

Will the vehicle start?

Sorry but I just can not find these wires in the diagrams. I will opt out and remove myself from the post.

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I will be online around 7 pm EST, can I help you then?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sure hope so.

Is the two wires in question a Blue wire and a Black wire with a white stripe?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazohttp://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/bB2ctmu6/Project+31+detail.jpgnaws.com/rlZfTajG/Project+33.jpg

Those wires are not for the injectors, that is for the crank sensor on the top of the transmisison

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know they are not for the injections . They come out of the injector harness and connect to the red wire and black wire in photos. My question is which wire goes to the red wire and which wire goes to the black wire ?

Show me a picture of the harness with out the editing

That red wire and black wire, does it go to the connector at the crank sensor? You are just wondering which wire connects to which to the crank sensor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's right

Got ya... I will be online around 7 pm EST. Can we continue then? I know exactly what we need to do now.

Let me know..

Ok.. Hang on. What I am going to do is tell you what wire goes where in the connector for the Crank Sensor. This way you can then look at the Red and Black wire to make the proper connection.

Hang on..

That is where the wire colors go in.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician