Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Im not sure if the motor is dead but my front passenger

Customer Question
Hello, Im not sure if...
Hello, Im not sure if the motor is dead but my front passenger window will not go up.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: It doesnt work from either switch, and my unlock button on the driver side doesnt work but the car locks with the remote. 2010 Infiniti EX35
JA: Are you fixing your EX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have found the fuse for the power windows in the engine bay but it is inside a blue box with 2 others not sure how to get the Relay out.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That its raining and I need to get to work :)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
9/26/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 1 year ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help

is it just one window that do not work ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just the passenger. and the lock/unlock switch on my driver door does not work

so the door do not lock and unlock with the switch at all ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It works with the remote, not on the door

and the window will not work from ether switch ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

because you have two problem with the driver side switch i would be looking there first. if it was just a motor the lock unlock would still work . if it was just the passenger front switch the lock unlock would also still work

you will need to check to see if your getting power to the passenger side motor if you do not know how to do that just replace the main switch on the driver side front door

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The window will not go up with the switch on the passenger side either so I doubt its the switch.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The light does not light up on the review mirror either when I unlock the car with the remote

thi is the reason to check the motor power first

it can be the switch as the passenger switch have to run thou the driver to get the window up

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
as well as the mirror light?

do the horn been when you lock the doors ?

r u there

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the horn works

this could also be a bad bcm since you have so many problems it is the only common thing in this system

you really need to get the motor check for power to start

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
youre telling the switch on the driver door to unlock and lock the car. the review mirror light and power window all run off the motor?

you they all run off the bcm

this is the reason i told you that you may have a bad bcm above

no they all run off the bcm *

Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech