Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Battery and brake warning light remain on after start up,

Customer Question
battery and brake warning light...
battery and brake warning light remain on after start up
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? Does the light stay on steady or is it intermittent?
Customer: yes its good and battery is less than 3months old
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 08 max over 190,000 miiles
JA: Are you fixing your 190 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: read the manual, which state belt loose broken are missing. Don't have correct tools to fix
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this a few service or I'm I to be charged for the answer
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
9/24/2016
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

hi im david, if your belt is not broken then it appears you may have an alternator problem. do you have a multi meter to check voltages?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but here is another problem for me. All I wanted was a one time answer. No monthly subscription, if this is your suggested fix
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would this cause the rpm's to rev up to 4000 when AC is on. Happen sometime going down hill and on straight away
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
David I need and answer very soon to get my car over to dealer

no it would not.

different issue

i could be a throttle position sensor. is the check engine light on?

if you have a meter, check voltage at the battery with the car running. should be 14.4vdc if the alternator is working.

ill be back on in about an hour. got to get to my shop.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is not working for me. Taking to long to get answer. My car is needed in my business, and I must get it working today.

3 minutes is too long? aRE YOU KIDDING ME?

youve ask about more than one problem. this is a one question deal. not 2 or 3 or 4

you need to focus on the original question. i have no problem helping you with that, but you need to work with me

Nissan Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You have at least a couple different issues going on. It's going to take some electrical testing to determine the causes of the problems.

The brake light could be one due to low fluid, a bad fluid level switch, the emergency brake may have been accidentally partially set, the emergency brake switch may be bad or it's circuit could be shorted to ground. It's also possible that the ABS module is illuminating it due to an ABS issue.

The battery light is on due to over or undercharging, the most likely cause for a battery light is a bad alternator.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician