hey how are you
we have several reasons , i have sent you the diagnostic step for it to troubleshoot
what kind scanner you have can you perform this test on it ?
there is also a learning procedure need done to the exhaust valve timing potions sensor
which sensor have you replaced ?
the most possible cause
1- crank shaft position sensor
2-camshaft position sensor
3-exhaust valve timing control position sensor
4- exhaust valve timing control magnet retarder
5-accumulation of debris to the signal pick up portions of camshaft ( I sent you a picture of it)
6- timing chain installation
7-exhaust valve timing control pulley assembley
DTC Confirmation Procedure CAUTION: Always drive at a safe speed. NOTE: - If DTC P0014 or P0024 is displayed with DTC P0078, P0084, P1078 or P1084, first perform trouble diagnosis for DTC P0078, P0084 or P1078, P1084. Refer to EC-179 See: A L L Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC ) > P Code Charts > P0078 or EC-487. See: A L L Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC ) > P Code Charts > P1078 - If DTC Confirmation Procedure has been previously conducted, always turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds before conducting the next test. TESTING CONDITION: Before performing the following procedure, confirm that battery voltage is between 10 V and 16 V at idle. WITH CONSULT-III 1. Turn ignition switch ON and select "DATA MONITOR" mode with CONSULT-III. 2. Start engine and warm it up to the normal operating temperature. 3. Maintain the following conditions for at least 6 consecutive seconds. Hold the accelerator pedal as steady as possible.
4. Let engine idle for 10 seconds. 5. Check 1st trip DTC. 6. If 1st trip DTC is detected, go to "Diagnostic Procedure" below. If 1st trip DTC is not detected, go to next step. 7. Maintain the given conditions for at least 20 consecutive seconds.
8. Check 1st trip DTC. 9. If 1st trip DTC is detected, go to "Diagnostic Procedure" below.
Component Inspection EXHAUST VALVE TIMING CONTROL MAGNET RETARDER 1. Disconnect exhaust valve timing control magnet retarder harness connector.
2. Check resistance between exhaust valve timing control magnet retarder terminals 1 and 2. Resistance: 9.0 - 11.0 ohms [at 20 °C (68 °F)] 3. If NG, replace exhaust valve timing control magnet retarder and go to the next step. 4. Perform EC-76, "Exhaust Valve Timing Control Learning"Exhaust Valve Timing Control LearningDESCRIPTION
Exhaust Valve Timing Control Learning is an operation to learn the characteristic of exhaust valve timing control magnet retarder by comparing the target angle of exhaust camshaft with the actual retarded angle of exhaust camshaft. It must be performed each time exhaust valve timing control magnet retarder is disconnected or replaced, or ECM is replaced.OPERATION PROCEDUREWith CONSULT-III
1. Start engine and warm it up to normal operation temperature.
2. Set shift lever in neutral position and confirm that following electrical or mechanical loads are not applied.
- Headlamp switch is OFF
- Air conditioner switch is OFF
- Rear defogger switch is OFF
- Steering wheel
is in the straight-ahead position, etc3. Keep the engine speed between 1,800 and 2,000 rpm
4. Select "EXH V/T CONTROL LEARN" in "WORK SUPPORT" mode with CONSULT-III.
5. Touch "START" and wait 20 seconds
6. Make sure that "CMPLT" is displayed on CONSULT-III screen.Learning completed : CMPLT
Learning not yet : YET
Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.
if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.
Hope I was helpful to you
A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated
This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me
ASE Certified Tedchnician